Thanksgiving Feast
I read a quote today on Twitter that made me chuckle. The quote was, "thighs before pies!" Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because it does not get any better than family, food and football! The one thing we should all do prior to enjoying the day is spend some time exercising. The exercise can simply be a short walk or it can be an intense round of lifting weights. It does not matter what exercise we choose but we need to do some form of physical activity. A 20 minute work out that gets your heart rate up can go a long way to keep yourself fit and trim! Happy Thanksgiving to all!
I found that quote funny too, Zach! I love Thanksgiving as well, and you are right, there is no better combination than family, football, and food. I completely agree with you though, exercise is so important and just taking the time for a even a little exercise on a day where most ignore any diet they have can go a long way. I like how you point out that it does not necessarily have to be a super intense workout, but rather something as simple as just taking a long walk. Great way to enjoy the day while also getting in some exercise before all the fun even starts, too.
ReplyDeleteThat is actually a pretty good quote and has actually a lot of meaning to it. I think exercise intensely before Thanksgiving can actually give you the room to "over eat" if you want to. Why not treat yourself for working out hard? I do agree that the type of activity or exercises you can do before Thanksgiving does not need to be that intense. But, I think after you eat, a 20 minute walk or standing up to do the dishes can work off some calories you gained which can still be beneficial. Proportions while you are eating too can help you stay fit and trim if you want to watch you figure as well. But because it is Thanksgiving I think it is ok to indulge a little extra.
ReplyDeleteNice Quote! One of the reasons why I like being a morning person is because I like to exercise before I do anything else. It clears your head, helps you focus throughout the day, and you know it's done and over with before you start anything else. Taking the time to just do something small like you said can have a huge impact on your mood throughout the rest of the day.
ReplyDelete