Outdoor Exercise

As I pack to head to camp for the weekend, I think about the outdoors and all it has to offer in terms of exercise opportunities.  I know a lot of hunters will be in the woods hunting on Monday.  It would be a great idea to make some time for physical activity.  I look forward to hiking in the woods and enjoying the fresh air.  This is a great activity for the heart and lungs.   Hiking can improve muscular fitness as the terrain can have many hills.  Overall, hiking like any aerobic exercise lowers the risk for strokes and heart attacks.

Image result for outdoor

Comments

  1. I completely agree with everything you said here Zach. I think one of the best physical activities that one can do while hunting is all the walking and hiking around different hills and terrain. I went hunting with one of my family members who is very old and he booked it up this 70 degree slope of a hill with no problem at all. So I think progressively overtime as someone even if they are not hunting but just hiking can get a longer term benefit of good health from outdoor activities. Plus you are in the fresh air! Who wouldn't want to be outside if it is beautiful out (or raining for hunting) and be getting a great workout that will ultimately give that person great health as they get older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on, Zach. I hope you enjoy your weekend in the wilderness. Spending time in nature is an excellent way to relieve the tensions of college stress. Sometimes, exercise in the wilderness doesn't even seem like exercise because we are so at peace with our surroundings. I hope you land a monster buck Monday. Perhaps one of these days I'll finally get that invite to camp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree completely with finding ways to be physically active. When going hunting you never really think about the exercise that goes into it. I will be sure to put in a couple more steps when I go hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to this post. I love outdoor activities. There is so much you can do outside from hiking to flag football. The good thing about outdoor activities is that they can be viewed as just having plain old fun! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment